A quick and easy breakfast, this Mexican Breakfast Scramble is our take on migas and is ready in just 4 minutes!
Heat rice according to package directions.
In a small, microwave-safe dish combine rice, egg, and salsa.
Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Stir in cheese and microwave on HIGH for an additional 30 seconds.
For a to-go meal, wrap this scramble in a warm tortilla.
There are a few different ways to add different flavors into scrambled eggs.
1. To start with, try melting cheese, such as feta, Parmesan or Cheddar, into your scrambled eggs.
2. A spice like dill can add a lighter flavor while also freshening things up.
3. If you want to add in some protein, some pre-cooked bacon will go very well with this dish.
4. To add some fragrant flavors to your scrambled eggs, try sautéing some onions before you add your eggs to the pan.
5. If you want to add in some greens, try including some spinach leaves.
Beating an egg is very simple. The first thing you’ll want to do is crack your egg into a small bowl or cup. Then with a fork, simply beat the egg until the whites and the yolk are mixed together.
Beaten eggs can be used for a variety of different things. For example, for making breaded chicken like in this BBQ Fried Chicken recipe or this Buffalo and Blue Cheese Chicken dish. Beaten eggs can also be used to make recipes like this Easy Cheesy Rice Omelet.
If you can’t get enough salsa, why not try out some new varieties, such as green salsa in this Salsa Verde Chicken and Rice recipe. Mango salsa also tastes great in this Spicy Mango Chicken. Alternatively, if you are still craving some classic salsa, you can also make these Vegetarian Mexican Meatballs.
If you’re wondering what to cook next, why not learn how to cook our Mexican Rice Recipe.