Don't have an account?
Read more about the information we collect.
How does Riviana Foods Inc. use my information? We use your information to provide you with products and services and to support our core business functions, such as order fulfillment, service requests, customer service, product safety and improvement, marketing, authentication, loss and fraud prevention, public safety, and legal functions. We may combine all of the information that we collect and we may enhance data that we collect with data obtained from third parties. Read more about how we use your information.
How does Riviana Foods Inc. share my information?
We may share your information with affiliated companies and subsidiaries as well as with business partners for marketing purposes and when we believe that their products or services may be of interest to you. We may also disclose your information to third party service providers or business partners who help us with our business functions. We may share your personal information if necessary to protect the safety, property, or other rights of us, our customers, or employees, or when required by law. We may also share your personal information with your consent. Your information may be stored in databases maintained by Riviana Foods Inc. or third parties that are located within and outside the United States, including countries where privacy rules differ and may be less stringent than those of the country in which you reside. If you visit our Website from a country other than the United States, you consent to such cross-border transfers of personal data to the United States. Read more about how we share your information.
What choices do I have?
We want to communicate with you about our brand and our products, but only in the ways that you agree to hear from us. We will use a standard opt-out process for our marketing communications, meaning that you will receive marketing communications from us unless you tell us not to (for example, emails newsletters, special offers or discounts, or new product announcements). We participate in interest-based or behavioral advertising. This means that you may receive advertising on our Website or other websites that are tailored to how you browse or shop.
How does Riviana Foods Inc. use information from social media? We also collect information through social media. Read more about social media privacy.
How can I contact Riviana Foods Inc. with questions or concerns? Please email us at email@example.com.?
Riviana Foods Inc. respects your concerns about privacy and values the relationship we have with you. This Privacy Statement describes the types of information we collect about our customers, how we use the information, with whom we share it, and the choices available to our customers regarding our use of the information. We also describe the measures we take to protect the security of the information and how our customers can contact us about our privacy practices.
If you choose to use our Website in any way, such as browsing or interacting, you agree with the terms of our current Privacy Statement as posted here. If you do not agree with this Privacy Statement, you should not use our Website. We may update or modify this Privacy Statement from time to time at our sole discretion, and will note the date of last update on the top of this page. We encourage you to visit this area frequently to stay informed, as your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes to these terms means that you consent to such changes.
2a. What information does Riviana Foods Inc. collect? We may obtain personal information about you from various sources. We may collect this information when you provide it on our Website, our social media platforms, in telephone or email communication, in connection with our social networking, or at one of our events. When you visit the Website, we may also collect certain information about your device or usage by automated means or by using technologies such as cookies, web server logs, and web beacons.
2b. What types of personal information? You may choose to provide personal information to us in a number of ways, such as when you participate in an offer or promotion, when you register on the Website (such as for The Riceipe Club®), or when you make a purchase on our Websites. The types of personal information you may provide to us include:
If you choose to interact on the Website – such as by registering; applying for products or services; submitting orders on your own behalf or on the behalf of other recipients; completing product reviews, taste tests, questionnaires, surveys, service contacts, or requests for information; entering sweepstakes or contests; or using social media platforms – Riviana Foods Inc. will collect the personal information that you provide as well as information about your use of our products and services. If you provide us with personal information regarding another individual, we will assume that you have that person’s consent to give us his or her personal information.
We may collect personal information about you that you provide through telephone or email communications. In addition, we may collect information that is provided to us by social networks when you visit our social media platforms or use one of our social networking partner applications (such as your name, profile picture, likes, location, friend list and other information described in the social networking application sign-up page, or your geo-location details when accessing our website from a mobile device).
2c. What other types of information? When you visit this Website or our online advertisements, utilize our services, open an email that we send you, or interact with social networking applications, we may collect information about your usage or device by automated means or by using technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons. As set forth in more detail below, we may also collect information about your usage and browsing habits using various web-based technologies.
Such technologies may permit collection of data elements such as demographic data, browser type, MAC address and other device information, IP address, pages visited, whether you have visited us before or are new to the Website, activities conducted on the page (such as search queries), geo-location information (if you access our Website using a mobile device), and the day and time of your visit. We will ask for your consent before collecting location data.
At this time, we do not honor “do not track” signals from website browsers. However, you may refuse or delete cookies. If you refuse or delete cookies, some of the functionality of our Websites may be impaired. If you turn off cookies, Web beacon and other technologies will still detect visits to our Websites, but the information they generate cannot be associated with other non-identifiable cookie information and are disregarded. Please refer to your browser Help instructions to learn more about how to manage cookies and the use of similar technologies.
3. How does Riviana Foods Inc. use my information? We collect, maintain, and use your personal or non-personal information for the following purposes:
All information we collect may be aggregated together and merged or enhanced with data from other sources, such as third parties or our mobile application. We may also collect and store information locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
4. How does Riviana Foods Inc. share my information? We may share your information with affiliated companies and subsidiaries as well as with business partners for marketing purposes and when we believe that their products or services may be of interest to you. If you receive our services through your employer, we may share information about you or your use of our services with your employer. We may also disclose your information to third parties who help us with our business functions, such as service providers or suppliers, and with business partners. Such third parties are not authorized to use or disclose your information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. Examples of these service providers include entities that process credit card payments, fulfill orders, and provide web hosting and marketing services.
We may use third party web analytics services such as Google Analytics on this Website or on social medial platforms. The service providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyze how visitors use the Website. The information collected through these means (including IP address) is disclosed to these service providers, who use the information to evaluate use of the Website.
In addition, we may share your information if necessary to protect the safety, property, or other rights of us, our customers, or employees, or when otherwise required by law. We may also share your personal information with your consent in certain circumstances.
We reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell, transfer, or engage in another transaction involving all or a portion of our business or assets, or undertake another form of corporate change. Following such a sale, transfer, or transaction, or corporate change, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your personal information with any inquiries concerning the processing of that information.
Your information will be stored in Riviana Foods Inc. databases (including local storage), affiliated company databases, or databases managed by third party service providers, which are located within and outside of the United States. Such data will be automatically transferred to these databases, which may be located in countries where privacy rules differ and may be less stringent than those of the other than the United States, you consent to such cross-border transfers of personal data to the United States.
5. What about Riviana Foods Inc.’s social media platforms? Our Websites’ web pages may embed plugs-ins, widgets or other apps of various social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube. An example of such a plug-in is Facebook’s “Like” button. When you encounter those embedded objects, your internet browser may make a direct connection to the social media platform’s service and may share with the social media platforms information such as which of our Websites you have visited. Our Websites may also be made available through third party social media platforms.
6. Is my information secure? Riviana Foods Inc. will take reasonable precautions to protect your information from loss, misuse or alteration. Please be aware, however, that any email or other transmission you send through the Internet cannot be completely protected against unauthorized interception.
7. Does Riviana Foods Inc. collect information from children? Riviana Foods Inc. does not intentionally collect personal information from children under 13 years of age, and children under age 13 should not submit any personal information to us. If we become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, or a parent or guardian of a child contacts us through the contact information provided below, we will use reasonable efforts to delete the child’s information from our databases.
8. What choices do I Have? How can I contact Riviana Foods Inc.? We want to communicate with you about our brand and our products, but only in the ways that you agree to hear from us. You may “opt-out,” or unsubscribe from our newsletters, special offers or discounts, or other marketing communications by following the unsubscribe instructions in any e-mail or other communication you receive from us. After doing so, you will not receive future promotional emails unless you open a new account, enter a contest, or sign up to receive newsletters or emails. You may also continue to receive non-marketing communications about your account or purchases that you have made. Please allow up to 2 weeks to process your request.
We also participate in interest-based or behavioral advertising. This means that you may receive advertising on our website or other websites that are tailored to how you browse or shop. Riviana Foods Inc. is committed to working with consumers to obtain a fair and rapid resolution of any queries, complaints, or disputes about privacy.
If you have submitted information to Riviana Foods Inc. and you would like to have it deleted from our databases or corrected, or if you have any other questions or comments regarding our privacy practices, please contact us via email from the applicable brand or website.
9. I Live in California – What about my California Privacy Rights? If you are a California resident, you have the right to request information from Riviana Foods Inc. regarding the manner in which Riviana Foods Inc. shares certain categories of your personal information with third parties, for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California law provides that you have the right to submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org and receive the following information:
You are entitled to receive a copy of this information in a standardized format and the information will not be specific to you individually. You may make such a request by emailing us using the contact information provided above.
Effective Date: February 5, 2019
Don't have an account?